Friday, August 27, 2010

LSD on 28.8.10. Bukit Aman to Hartamas and return

Today is 28th day of the 8th month..a most auspicious number to the Chinese.

I made arrangements to Sandy since last Sunday to do the LSD today as tomorrow I am participating in the Newton Pacemakers Relay. Henry contacted me yesterday and made arrangements to meet us.

I got up at 530am and made myself coffee & had Nature Valley Cereal bar for breakfast. Then as I opened my windows, I realised that it is drizzling. However, in the spirit of Bootcamp, I knew Sandy would be there rain or shine. Fresh from her trip to Koh Samui..

I got there at 615am and texted the both of them. By then, Henry would have done 2 loops of bird park about 5km. We start with light stretch and we took off at the auspicious time of 628am.

We met Bobby Yap and SH Foo from the beginning and the 5 of us took off at about the same time. After Bank Negara, I left Sandy and Henry to the front. I intended to wriggle my way of out doing the MIsery Mountain loop at Hartamas.

Slow and easy jog with SH Foo. At times, I felt that I need to keep to his pace also. Arrived in Hartamas after 64minutes. By then, Sandy already left for Misery Mountain loop. Henry having his R&R at Petronas.

I was warned that Sandy wanted me to do the Misery Mountain 2nd loop with her. We waited for Sandy. She was back in 15 minutes. Couldn't wriggled my way out of the Misery Mountains. Thanks to the guys who ABANDONED me.

So I did an extra 1km small loop with Sandy with the time of 7 minutes.

From there, we headed straight for the home stretch. We saw SH Foo and Bobby walking in front of Plaza Hartamas. Apparently to conserve energy for tomorrow's relay. Henry was nowhere to be found.

We strived on and after the KL mosque, we saw Henry. We had to intention to overtake him yet..We want to overtake him at a comfortable pace. We are maintaining about 5:45/km pace.

Finally after Tijani, we overtook Henry. Sandy set a 4 hr 20 min target for Henry in  Singapore Marathon. So I said to Henry...Catch up and try imagining the 4:20 ON THE CLOCK. He did manage to catch us up somewhere near Bank Negara Kommuter Station. He shouted something inaudible..

We pressed on and finished with a sprint in the car park like before with a nett time of 54:44 from Hartamas.

Summary of Run

Bukit Aman to Hartamas:
Distance: 9.75 km (According to my Polar)
Time: 1: 03: 56
Average Pace : 6:33 min/km
Maximum Pace: 5:40 min/km

Hartamas small loop
Distance : 1.0km
Time : 7min

Hartamas Shops to Bukit Aman
Distance: 9.31km
Time : 54:44
Average Pace: 5:52min/km
Maximum Pace: 4:05min/km (wow..must be the sprinting finish)

Total Distance : 20.06km
Total Time : 2hr : 5 min : 40sec


Sandy and I at SCKL 2010 (Women Vet ..No 5 Placing)

No comments:

Post a Comment